Blade Runner reviews

My Responses

Blade Runner 2049 - a gigantic spectacle of pure hallucinatory craziness:

I agree with some of the content in this article even though I didn't quite engage with the narrative. I found the film quite confusing probably because I haven't seen the first film, however the film was visually appealing. The editing and cinematography made the film entertaining and also I loved the though process behind some of the shots. For example, my favourite shots were of the water reflections on the walls and props because it was aesthetically pleasing. 

Blade Runner 2049 - a future classic:

This article really talked about setting in depth and how it started off where the first film ended but had some excellent futuristic aspects. I agree with the fact that lighting was 'beautifully low-key' which contributed to the dark atmosphere and enhanced the lighting from the advertisements and holograms. I agree that the setting was very futuristic from the way the buildings looked, the weapons and the technology. 

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe" : what Blade Runner 2049's dystopia tells us about 2017

This article has made me think of all the enigma codes created because within the film, it was no longer possible to gauge who is human or not. It also gets me to question whether we are real? I agree Blade Runner shows how our dystopian fears have evolved over time and how the same concept was followed through to the sequel. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mise-en-scene task

Sound analysis

Capital: Representation questions