Preliminary exercise feedback and LR

Feedback given by Sir:


WWW:
  • good opening- shot/reverse shot 
  • use of costumes
  • dialogue shot well
  • match on action- good editing going up the stairs
  • good concept 
  • use of stereotypes
EBI:
  • performance- more emotional
  • music- to add emotion
  • shifting- more realistic
Feedback given by Students:

WWW:
  • good concept
  • good use of makeup 
  • location was well suited to concept 
  • good use of props
  • enigma codes were created
  • good audio (dialogue)
  • nice use of match on action shot
  • a range of different types of shots were used
  • good cinematography  
EBI:
  • could have used music to add emotion 
  • performance could be better 
Reflection:

WWW:

  • I think my concept was well thought out and worked as a coming of age drama
  • Mise-en-scene was good because of the make up and location 
  • I think my opening had a good timing- the use of shot reverse shot 
    EBI:
    • if the performance was much better and realistic 
    • if there was a soundtrack to add more emotion  
    Learner Response:

    How effectively did you complete the objective you laid out in your preliminary exercise statement of intent?   

    I think I quite effectively completed my objective because I wanted to reinforce and subvert certain stereotypes regarding an Asian family and what it was like for the children to feel pressured by the families as well as school. 

    What have you learned from the preliminary exercise that will help you in the actual coursework project?  


    I've learnt that PLANNING IS ESSENTIAL because it will make is much more easier to film your production. Also, I think it is good to get others to read your script and take some feedback before you go ahead with filming.

    Now you have completed the preliminary exercise, what are your current plans for your actual coursework? This could include genre, narrative, characters, filming locations etc.     


    I think that I would continue to do a coming of age drama as I am more comfortable with it. I am not too sure at this stage as to what concept I'd like to show but maybe after some more research I would have a better understanding.


    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Mise-en-scene task

    Sound analysis

    Capital: Representation questions